The Perry House, constructed c.1690 (Benjamin Beach), is the oldest house in Stratford. It is managed by the Perry House Foundation by the Town, and is currently a museum and visitor center. It serves as the gateway to Stratford the historic town center, and Main Street. In 1981, it was listed with the Department of the Interior.
In its many lives as private residence, home and blacksmith shop, apartment house, school and now museum, Perry House offers a tiny but powerful window into a community focused on the river and sea. Now bordered by 1-95 and the town’s Community Center, this center welcomes visitors and teaches history.
Funded by a grant from the State’s Department of Community and Economic Development, The Town of Stratford and the Perry House Foundation retained Geddis Architects to design a historically appropriate addition to support its cultural and educational programs.VIEW PDF »