Quietly situated along a wooded hillside, the new Center for Arts and Humanities complements the natural site as well as the neighborhood of well appointed residential homes from the early 1920’s. This is a pre-K through 12th grade campus and the students needed a location to congregate for school-wide activities.
The Center offers an innovative L-shaped floor plan that houses Classrooms and a Dining Hall set apart from the Chapel. The Chapel, a timbered framed structure, provides a strong link between the past, present and future of the school. The landscaped design was created to establish, direct and embellish the challenging site. The mid hillside entry is the main access to the building with large windows, a covered arcade, and textured materials of stucco and stone all adding to the beauty upper and lower terraces.
The center and its chapel have received several design awards.VIEW PDF »