When a visitor enters the campus of University of Saint Joseph, the first impression is of the new humanities building, Lynch Hall. The building incorporates student gathering and study places with views towards the campus and town.
The architecture is inspired by the Georgian architecture of the campus’ original 1932 buildings with multi-toned brick, limestone watercourses, quoins and slate roofs.
Lynch Hall has remarkable student spaces. This classroom building offers four instructional clusters, faculty offices and departmental centers. The classrooms allow for many different teaching styles and settings. The ground floor features an interior garden and a beautiful centuries’ old statue that previously stood outdoors. This garden lounge faces a new student patio and a series of walkways which lead towards new parking. Lynch Hall also houses the Honors Program, as well as the International Program.
Lynch Hall has received several design awards.VIEW PDF »