The school is immediately adjacent and connected to the New York City landmark Church, Saint Jean Baptiste. Established in 1882, the Church, which faces Lexington Avenue, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. It is one of only two Churches in Manhattan that has stained glass windows from the glass studios of Chartres.
A 5,500 SF addition to the 1926 high school includes a new library, media center, classrooms, college counseling, office, chapel and office suite. The façade is inspired by upper east Side townhouses of the late 1920’s.
The renovated classrooms include transformed Biology and Chemistry Labs and an Art Studio. A new bright and welcoming Dining, Study Hall and Aerobics Studio replace the existing dimly lit gymnasium.
The addition has received several design awards.VIEW PDF »